Sunday, December 20, 2009

Re: [Electric Boats] New to this group and saying hi!

 

Thanks. I just of course joined this group and have been getting replys to this email, and I just finally read it(the original)-it's not me! I'm Jeff, but I live in Sandusky, Ohio, and I have a Sabre 28 with an Atomic 4! This is so weird--how did it get screwed up like that!?! Oh well, the information is what's important, I guess. I will check out your blogs-thanks for writing! jeff

--- On Sun, 12/20/09, Mike <biankablog@verizon.net> wrote:

From: Mike <biankablog@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] New to this group and saying hi!
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 8:56 AM

 

Hi Jeff:
 
I've recently finished my second season with electric propulsion on my 8 ton 30 foot sailboat and am very happy I made the conversion. I put in an ASMO Marine Thoosa 9000 system. It has very worked very well and I just found out I have probably been using an undersized prop. So I expect it to get even better once I change it. I have chronicled the conversion process and installation on my blog starting with this post: http://biankablog. blogspot. com/2008/ 05/going- electric. html
You might find it helpful. I have also posted how I removed the old diesel engine here:
http://biankablog. blogspot. com/2008/ 03/removing- westerbeke. html
 Which also may be useful when you need to pull out you Atomic engine. I am very glad I made the conversion.
 
Capt. Mike


--- On Thu, 12/17/09, Jeff Noll <jnoll@earthlink. net> wrote:

From: Jeff Noll <jnoll@earthlink. net>
Subject: [Electric Boats] New to this group and saying hi!
To: electricboats@ yahoogroups. com
Date: Thursday, December 17, 2009, 7:21 AM

 
Just wanted to introduce myself. Name is Jeff and I have a Cal 29 that I'm seriously thinking of repowering with an electric motor system. The old Atomic 4 needs a total rebuild and the idea of going electric is very attractive.

I sail on the San Francisco Bay and pretty much need a motor to get out the slip and out into sailing waters. I'm docked in San Rafael at Loch Lomond Marina which has a very narrow channel out to deeper water. Both sides of the channel are very shallow, 1' - 2' deep and the cross currents can be fierce, so being able to keep her down the center of the channel is uber important!

I've just started searching thru the messages for relevant info. Any tips on previous posts that I should search for would be greatly appreciated!

Really looking forward to the learning curve here ;-)

Jeff

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment