Thursday, December 17, 2009

[Electric Boats] Re: New to this group and saying hi!

 

Welcome Jeff!

There are several members on the list with e-boats in SF including myself). I setup a site which covers a lot of my personal experience (I'm not the most mechanical or meticulous of sailors...) as well as information gleaned from this list and other sites.

http://sites.google.com/site/electricboating/

Should save you some time and headache. My boat is in Brisbane (channel plenty deep; watch out for the afternoon hurricane) and similar to yours in vintage and size.

I'll be up there a few times over the holiday break so offline me if you want to go out for a sail.

-Keith
E-S/V Aja
1978 Hunter 30

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Noll" <jnoll@...> wrote:
>
> Just wanted to introduce myself. Name is Jeff and I have a Cal 29 that I'm seriously thinking of repowering with an electric motor system. The old Atomic 4 needs a total rebuild and the idea of going electric is very attractive.
>
> I sail on the San Francisco Bay and pretty much need a motor to get out the slip and out into sailing waters. I'm docked in San Rafael at Loch Lomond Marina which has a very narrow channel out to deeper water. Both sides of the channel are very shallow, 1' - 2' deep and the cross currents can be fierce, so being able to keep her down the center of the channel is uber important!
>
> I've just started searching thru the messages for relevant info. Any tips on previous posts that I should search for would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Really looking forward to the learning curve here ;-)
>
> Jeff
>

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment