Monday, March 10, 2014

[Electric Boats] Re: New Member

 

Welcome,

Gerr is good reading, especially the propeller book.  It seems to me that many boaters, even some as knowledgeable as the ones in this group, do not pay as much attention to the prop as it deserves.

Especially if you do an inboard sailboat conversion, pay special attention to prop clearance.  Many if not most have too small prop but is because there is not enough room to get in a  bigger wheel.

Once again, welcome.

Eric SV Meander 



---In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, <sbuggla@...> wrote :
Hello to everyone at electricboats,
my name is Scott Uggla, I just became a member and just wanted to introduce myself.
I do not own a electric boat yet, but I love the technology and have set aside some money to either
buy a sail boat and do  a electric conversion or I may do something on a smaller scale
like a large canoe or small light sailboat, I am 58 years old and have some electric
golf car experience and was a mechanic (diesel and small engine) in my early years
I also have had some micro processor experience, and currently work in the low
voltage industry. I am currently reading The Propeller Handbook by Dave Gerr and
The Nature of Boats by Dave Gerr as  well. and wow I think I will be reading and re-reading 
these for a while.
So you will probably be hearing from me soon, more likely questions than answers, at least,
until I get a better understanding of some of the design concepts and a little experience
behind me, Thank you to the Moderator for Acceptance in to the group and all the helpful info.
Scott Uggla
sbuggla@...


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (44)
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment