Tuesday, April 17, 2012

[Electric Boats] Re: Building a lithium bank

 

I was another customer of EV Components. As far as I can tell, I was one of the last people to actually receive batteries from them as the company imploded (March 2010).

But like Tom said, there are number of reliable vendors available. I know that I've mentioned that I've personally done business with Evolve Electrics in Colorado. They provided my charger and SOC meter and I highly recommend them. They offer a couple of different kinds of Li batteries and I believe that they have local stock.

Steve mentioned CALB, I've heard other good things about them.

You can see that the EV guys buy way more batteries than Electric boaters ever will. You can scan a few of the EV groups for vendor recommendations. Here's a group that you can get lost in for a few months http://www.diyelectriccar.com/

Fair winds,
Eric
Marina del Rey, CA

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Tom" <boat_works@...> wrote:
>
> Started a new thread since this might go on for a while...
>
> I purchased my 180Ah CALB cells from EV Components. They were only an hour away, and had the best pricing on cells at that time. Trouble is, they were juggling customers' deposits around (and worse), and ended up cheating many customers out of many thousands of dollars. It all ended up in court, and the story actually gets worse from there. The whole sordid mess is well covered in the EV forums.
>
> I was one of the lucky ones who paid with a credit card, and I didn't leave until I loaded my cells in my truck. They were expecting to get a deposit from me, and add me to their list of victims, I'm sure.
>
> This is just to warn you that there are still people being ripped off, and you need to be careful.
>
> I have read good things about Keegan, as Steve mentioned in the other thread, and he would be my first choice for CALB cells.
>
> I purchased my 1500W Elcon charger and my Manzanita Micro BMS from EVC also, on the same day as the cells. Both of these items are widely available on the web.
>
> -Tom
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment