Wednesday, October 12, 2011

[Electric Boats] Regen Success

 

Sorry Aaron for some reason I'm not getting all the Posts to my Email.

Propulsion Bank size is 12 AGM's, Northstar 210Ah. But in addition to this I have 3 AGM's that charge from the Propulsion bank through a 144v to 12v charger. I also have 1 dedicated Decca battery for the genset. Currently I do not have this linked to the house bank but plan on installing an Echo Charger since I heard that the Alternator can feed back to the house bank to charge once the starter battery is fully charged through it. (Can anyone verify this?)
The Generator outputs up to 90A comfortably (104A by the book) at 144V. This feeds directly to the motors and Propulsion Bank so it depends on the speed you're running the motors at as to how much is left to go into the Bank. Typically both motors running at a total of 50A (7200W) gives me 6 knots so that leaves 40A to charge the Bank however how much is going into the House Bank (from the Propulsion Bank) depends on what's running at the time. Underway we have a frig, radio's and the NAV equipment along with anything the wife decides to turn on (she's pretty good about that) so it's kinda hard to determine the charge time. Also we regen with the props. I'll shut the genset off at around 95% charge and I would say an average time running may be 2 hours max on the hook but varies greatly depending on, of course, the battery state. I tend to leave the hook with the genset running and the motors also. My genset also has a variable output so I can set the Genset at 164A to run the motors all day long or 174V to charge the batteries to 80% then decrease to 164V to top them off. I think I got all that right. :o)

Steve in Solomons MD
Lagoon 410 SE


Steve
How big is your battery bank and how long does it take to fully charge at what size genarator amps and voltages? Or are you only fast charging up to what percent?
Aaron

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment