Monday, March 7, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] SEVCON BRUSHLESS SAILBOAT KIT - 8.5kw

 

Donald,

I am also thinking of the system for an Ericson 35-2 11600 lbs. a couple of questions; What reduction did you use 2 to 1? What batteries do you have? and how long can you run on a charge?
I am thinking of a 1 to 1.5 or direct drive system to get 5 knts. Do you have any problem with tork?

My goal is to run for about 8 hours at 5 knts. (1200 rpm.) I am thinking of using 2 sets of 48 volt batteries, and switch off and charge one with a generator while running on the other.

What do you think?

Thanks

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Donald M Swanson <postal6@...> wrote:
>
> Not sure who you got your kit from Carlos, but I have an Ericson 27 that
> has been on the system for going on two years and I have no complaints.
> I might add that I am using wet cell batteries too. The only advice I
> can give you is don't push your speed. It will get you out of a quick
> jam with a little burst of speed, but try to keep it at one half of hull
> speed, in my case 3 knots or less, which will give you a couple of hours
> of cruising without any problems if you are in a bay. Depending on your
> boat, you will need to probably go with a three blade prop like I did,
> and with that said, you will do fine. Don
>
> On Sun, 06 Mar 2011 01:05:40 -0000 "Carlos Silva" <pahuac@...>
> writes:
>
> I am about to start my conversion with this kit and therefore would very
> much appreciate comments on actual experiences and tips.
>
> Thanks,
>
>
>
> __________________________________________________________
> Wall Streets Secrets Revealed
> The secrets that Wall Street Traders Don&#39;t want the public to know
> http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4d72f2b2362977eafm01vuc
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment