Saturday, March 19, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Insurance and portable generators....

 

On 20/03/11 04:45, Myles Twete wrote:
>
> The relationship between my boat insurer and myself is frankly my own
> business.
>
> They only know that the hull is a wooden home-built hull and that the
> boat is powered by an outboard motor and that the stated value is
> whatever it is
>

My marine insurance DOES know my boat is electric - as part of the
'disclosure' was the engine it had. This did cause them some minor
issues - but not because it was electric as such, but because it was
'custom built' so they couldn't look up their normal valuation tables.....

So my insurance documents show the hull type and model and 'custom' as
the engine.

They don't know I carry a Honda generator when I'm out. The Honda is
covered by my house hold insurance - although I suspect if it got it
swamped and damaged, neither insurer would cover it.

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment