Tuesday, March 15, 2011

[Electric Boats] Re: Measured performance

 

Funny that I don't know that for sure. The number that comes to mind is 52.8V, but I'll have to check next time I'm at the boat, probably in about 11 days.

Fair winds,
Eric
Marina del Rey, CA

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "acsarfkram" <acsarfkram@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Eric,
>
> Thanks for those numbers. I have been trying to tweak throttle settings using the Watt Meter at the helm and have found rather small drop in amp draw can allow the pack to rebound noticeably with no negative impact on boat speed.
>
> What is your pack voltage fully charged?
>
> Mark
> Santa Cruz
>
> --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <ewdysar@> wrote:
> >
> > Mark,
> >
> > I worked my way up through the power settings up to the top speed setting and then repeated the runs back down through the power settings. So all of the 5kW runs were in the middle of the exercise. Since I finished the day with the pack at about 50% of usable capacity or 40% DoD, these high amp runs were probably at about 20% DoD.
> >
> > My pack voltage under a 106A load was 48.8-48.7V. When I dropped the power setting to 79.4A, the pack rebounded to 49.5V, and was back up to 52.2V by the time I finished the last 9.4A run.
> >
> > After the next time I do the exercise (under more consistant conditions), I'll post the spreadsheet with my collected data.
> >
> > Thanks for the encouragement.
> >
> > Fair winds,
> > Eric
> > Marina del Rey, CA

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment