Sunday, March 6, 2011

[Electric Boats] Mars PMAC with Sevcon problem

 

Hi all, I am doing an outboard conversion using the MARS PMAC motor and a Sevcon Gen 4 controller. I have not been able to get the motor to turn. When I twist the throttle I can hear a hissing sound that seems to be coming from the motor.
If I back off the throttle right away I get 7 flashes on the error light on the Sevcon. If I leave the throttle on for more than a second or so the contactor shuts off, and I get four flashes on the Sevcon. The seven flashes seems to be a voltage error, either too high or low voltage. The voltage at the main controller terminals stays at 50.5V with the contactor on, so well within normal for a 48V system. The four flashes is a contactor error, but the contactor seems to be operating normally. I have an ammeter hooked up, and there is no significant current draw then this happens. I looked at the DC voltage on the motor phase wires, which is a constant 11 volts or so with the controller in operating mode, but no throttle input. This starts to rise as throttle input is applied.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,

Dave E

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment