Wednesday, March 16, 2011

[Electric Boats] Electric Conversion standards

 

Kevin,

If I understand correctly, you mentioned that you've done installs that meet ABYC T-30 Electric Propulsion Standards (high-voltage) standards. My 48V system meets all of those proposed standards with just a few exceptions and maybe you can help with those. As a low-voltage system, I know that these additional requirements don't really apply, but they certainly can't hurt.

I don't have a Ground Fault Monitor installed. That's probably the easiest fix, it just takes money.

My battery pack disconnect is not within line of sight of the battery enclosure. Another reasonable fix, but given the configuration of the installation, the fix would not be very elegant.

Here's the hard one. My battery disconnect does not "simultaneously disconnect the positive and negative terminals of the battery". How did you do this? I haven't seen a manual disconnect that does both sides at once. If anyone here knows of one that does and is "rated for the designed current and voltage", please let us know so that we can consider installing them in our own systems.

I agree that we should hold ourselves to higher standards when practical.

Thank you for your input.
Eric
Marina del Rey, CA

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Pemberton <pembertonkevin@...> wrote:
>
> Hey Eric,
>
> ... On another note. How do we justify running a 120vac generator in our boats when we have not considered installing our conversions not to the above 50vdc standards set by industry organizations. I have done it but really, are we trying to install our upgrades to standards or not?
>
> Kevin Pemberton
>
>

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment