Monday, December 14, 2009

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Electric Catamaran

 

Hi Jason,


I mentioned previously a friend who has Torqeedos on his cat School's Out and they are on arms that fold up under the bridge deck.  You can see a youtube video about it by searching for "schools out new torqeedo" and here's a link to it it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJv-lGPXxHc

He has built the arms himself and has used actuators to raise and lower them easily.

Take a look - I think you'll find it matches your wishes pretty closely.

Cheers

Chris

On 14/12/2009, at 11:21 PM, jason_d_s_uk wrote:

 

The other option I have instead of outboards is to mount the motors in each hull. The only problem is that I would want some kind of drive leg that I can lift out of the water as I beach my cat and also don't want any drag when actually sailing.

Anyone know if this is possible and how to go about it in a DIY capacity ?

It's slightly off topic, but then is part of the design I would require for having in-hull motors and I'm sure would apply to other electric converters out there!

Regards,

Jason.


__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment