Sunday, December 6, 2009

RE: [Electric Boats] Re: Electric Catamaran

 

From: luv2bsailin

I believe these are the most efficient PV panels on the market.

http://us.sunpowercorp.com/residential/products-services/products/panels.php

[Bill Gow]  Wow! Those are really a leap ahead of everything I've been looking at so far. They would add ~200 Lbs to my bimini and ~3.5 times the power of the Uni-Solar laminates. They're also not much bigger than most of the 200 to 220 W panels I've looked at. I'd get about another 1.5' of walkway between panels to tend to  sails, etc. up there too. Nice suggestion!
 
I sent e/m's to a couple outfits that make Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries to get an idea of what I'd need. Currently, I'm looking at the Asmo THOOSA 6000 motors (48V, 140A, 6.1KW). I'm probably a long ways away from what I need, though. Diesel electric may still be an option but after I add up the weight, I think I'll still have to back into the outboards. Whatever I end up with, these panels are worth considering.

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment