Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Re: [Electric Boats] Pitch of Kipawa Propeller

 

A great tip. Will follow it in spring.
 
Had the same experience with Minn Kota and Kipawa. I have a Minn Kota Maxxum 55 and neded a higher pitch prop for my very light boat. But both treated diameter and pitch as top secret as I were a spy for Rusia or China. There are more american companies following that same policy. I believe they think their stuff is "plug and play" and (in their opinion) being the best there is they only tell you what they think is "need to know. ie trust me I know what I am doing and you dont have to know.
That is not the way to treat an educated customer.
 
I measured to the best of my abilities the
Minn Kota maxxum 55 weedless Wedge prop as 11"x3" . 2 bladed,
Kipaea 358 as 10"x4,5" . 3 bladed
By eyeball the surface of both is about the same size.
 
I noticed an increase of speed with the Kipawa, but not 50% It was a bit like the 10 or 15 % they predicted.
 
Torqueedo is very open about there high end proppellors;
Ultra light nr 1912 is 8"x8" . 2 bladed
Travel/Base/Cruise nr 1901 is 12"x10" . 3 bladed
There price is around 100 euro's so I will try modelairplaneprops first (with a spinner).
 
Carel.
 
----- Original Message -----
From: Bill Gow
Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 3:06 PM
Subject: RE: [Electric Boats] Pitch of Kipawa Propeller

 

From: dennis wolfe


Use an APC model airplane prop.

[Bill Gow] That's an interesting idea!

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment