Saturday, December 19, 2009

[Electric Boats] Re: New to this group and saying hi!

 

Welcome Jeff,

Just to add to the confusion, I can recommend looking at the SolidNav Explorer. I installed one in my Ericson 27 a year and a half ago and get great performance. If you're ever in Santa Cruz send me an email and I'd be glad to show you my set-up.

Mark

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <ewdysar@...> wrote:
>
> Jeff,
>
> I would recommend that you also contact James Lambden with Propulsion Marine in Santa Barbara. His system is also a bolt it replacement for the Atomic 4 and is very capable in his converted Catalina 30.
>
> I am in the middle of converting my Cheoy Lee Bemuda 30 ketch and chose James' product as a simple and robust solution.
>
> Everyone has different opinions about what may work best in their own boat, I think that you should examine as many choices as possible before committing your money.
>
> Fair winds,
> Eric
> Marina del Rey, CA
>
> --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Noll" <jnoll@> wrote:
> >
> > Just wanted to introduce myself. Name is Jeff and I have a Cal 29 that I'm seriously thinking of repowering with an electric motor system. The old Atomic 4 needs a total rebuild and the idea of going electric is very attractive.
> >
> > I sail on the San Francisco Bay and pretty much need a motor to get out the slip and out into sailing waters. I'm docked in San Rafael at Loch Lomond Marina which has a very narrow channel out to deeper water. Both sides of the channel are very shallow, 1' - 2' deep and the cross currents can be fierce, so being able to keep her down the center of the channel is uber important!
> >
> > I've just started searching thru the messages for relevant info. Any tips on previous posts that I should search for would be greatly appreciated!
> >
> > Really looking forward to the learning curve here ;-)
> >
> > Jeff
> >
>

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment