Wednesday, December 9, 2009

[Electric Boats] Re: Electric Catamaran

 

Hi, i've been watching this group as I'm hoping to do a conversion in the future on my 30ft cat.

I'm realistically upbeat that this can be done and have the following as my concept.

13*200ah Thundersky Lithium Batteries
94.9 KG, 9.75 KW ( 200ah * 3.75v)
2 motors attached to twin outboards as replacement for the engines.
2 Controllers, BMS etc.

Based on a previous post, using 1.5kw /h @ 5Kts, this would give me:
9.75/1.5 = 6.5 hours continous use. Limit it to 80% DOD = 5 1/4 hours.

As reserve, I would have a small generator (honda 2kw) which is about 25kg and a couple of gallons fuel. This would provide me with at least 12 hours running in an emergency situation.

This also excludes the 1 x 200W solar panel and 400w Wind Generator which main use would be recharging for free.
My requirements at the moment are for sailing a couple of days, then stopping at a harbour overnight. Having done this recently, the most time I used the engine for was 2.5 hours in a day and more likely 1.5h which would easily be recouperated by the wind/solar gen.

The two motors this setup would replace would match weight wise (50kg x 2).

Any comments?

Regards, Jason.

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment