Monday, December 7, 2009

[Electric Boats] Re: Electric Catamaran

 

This looks like the kiss of death for my electric cat. If these guys are telling me I need a ton of lithium iron phosphate batteries (per motor), I can only imagine what conventional lead acid batteries would weigh. I could go diesel electric but just one electric motor costs more than two 20 Hp 4-stroke outboards, to say nothing of the diesel generator....
 
I may still go with the lithium iron phosphate batteries and 315 W solar panels, though. That should give me much better reserve power for all my electrical equipment and better recharging as well. I hope I never need the outboards but if I do, I want them to have enough thrust to push my boat into a gale, navigate a rip current, maneuver quickly with a 400 Lb marlin in the line or take me to the next port in calm winds. I'm looking for a minimum of 500 mile range and I'll bet less that 100 gallons of fuel will get me that with the outboards.
 
Thanks for the help. Nothing would have made me happier than to do this with 100% electric but that time hasn't come yet, I guess.
 

 

-----Original Message-----
From: [mailto:market04@heter.biz]

Regarding the battery pack,I have checked it with our engineer.If you want it work for 6 hours,we should make 48V1000Ah battery pack for each motor .So we should make two 48V1000Ah for your two motors.However,the weight of the battery pack is about 1000 kilogram(about 1 ton) and we are not sure whether your boat can stand this weight.
 
If the weight is two heavy for your boat,would you please tell us the max weigh you want and then we will design for other capacity.Hope your consideration,thank you.
 
Hope your comment about that,
 

Thanks&Best Regards,
Krystal
Oversea Sales
Heter Battery Technology Co.,Ltd
E-mail:market04@heter.biz
Tel: +86-632-5292 912
Fax:+86-632-5199 218
MSN:krystal2010@hotmail.com
Website:  www.heterbattery.com


__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment