Monday, September 14, 2009

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Hello, New to group - do I have enough data to consider con

 


I'm continuing to watch "Hybrid Marine"  http://www.hybrid-marine.co.uk/ , they seem to be making steady progress.
They have just won the "Practical Boat Owner"magazine "Green product of the year" award , and right at this moment are exhibiting 2 hybrid motors , a 25 hp and a 50hp at the Southampton International Boat show.
They are releasing a range of hybrid motors from 10-90 hp next year.
What I like about the hybrid marine setup , in comparison to the Steyr is that for retrofitting , its not appreciably any longer than the IC setup alone.
If their 10hp motor was available now , I could and would use it on my boat , without any real problem , it would fit right in.
FWIW.
Rob J. 

--- On Tue, 15/9/09, ewdysar <ewdysar@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: ewdysar <ewdysar@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Electric Boats] Re: Hello, New to group - do I have enough data to consider con
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Received: Tuesday, 15 September, 2009, 2:46 AM

James,

I don't know if any amount of interest will get the hybrid systems down to that kind of price point.  My quote for a new 20hp diesel on a pallet was about $8000 by itself.

Eric

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, James Sizemore <james@...> wrote:
>
> As for myself  I have enough roof space on my 41 foot cabin curser for 
> a 2kw array,  The total cost for my system will run about $7000 for 
> the array and high end inverter/charger.
> I will spend another $7000 on batteries and another $6000 for the 
> motors and controllers.   Thankfully I already have 6.5 KW generator 
> that I will keep.   So I'm looking at about $20,000 to re-power hybrid 
> electric with solar cells mostly for house loads.  I plan on spending 
> lots of time "off the hook"  so the costs work for me.   I would have 
> loved to use two of the Steyr motors if they where just not so 
> unreasonably priced. As it is just one of them cost more then my 
> total  expected re-power cost plus I get a "free" battery bank and 
> solar array.
>
> I wish some more companies would inter the marine hybrid market to 
> help drive down the insane prices.  Those 250 hp Steyr hybrids would 
> start to be interesting to me at about $8000 apiece.
>
>

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

__________________________________________________________
Get more done like never before with Yahoo!7 Mail.
Learn more: http://au.overview.mail.yahoo.com/

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment