Thursday, September 17, 2009

[Electric Boats] Converting my Sailboat

 

Hey all new member here looking for advice on converting my 27ft american mariner to electric. My first problem is that my boat does not have a inboard. I dont want to have a outboard in the back so What I am hoping to do is mount a lower unit from a outboard to the bottom of my boat and attach a electric motor such as what thunderstruck sells for sailboats. For power I am thinking of using 6@ 6 volt golf cart type batteries and will also want some sort of generator for extended range. If you guys can point out the error of my ways before I start spending way more then my boat is worth please chime in.
Mike
Serenity is close to #6000 hull speed is 6 knots

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment