Monday, September 14, 2009

[Electric Boats] Re: Hello, New to group - do I have enough data to consider con

 

James,

I don't know if any amount of interest will get the hybrid systems down to that kind of price point. My quote for a new 20hp diesel on a pallet was about $8000 by itself.

Eric

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, James Sizemore <james@...> wrote:
>
> As for myself I have enough roof space on my 41 foot cabin curser for
> a 2kw array, The total cost for my system will run about $7000 for
> the array and high end inverter/charger.
> I will spend another $7000 on batteries and another $6000 for the
> motors and controllers. Thankfully I already have 6.5 KW generator
> that I will keep. So I'm looking at about $20,000 to re-power hybrid
> electric with solar cells mostly for house loads. I plan on spending
> lots of time "off the hook" so the costs work for me. I would have
> loved to use two of the Steyr motors if they where just not so
> unreasonably priced. As it is just one of them cost more then my
> total expected re-power cost plus I get a "free" battery bank and
> solar array.
>
> I wish some more companies would inter the marine hybrid market to
> help drive down the insane prices. Those 250 hp Steyr hybrids would
> start to be interesting to me at about $8000 apiece.
>
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! News

Odd News

You won't believe

it, but it's true

Drive Traffic

Sponsored Search

can help increase

your site traffic.

Yahoo! Groups

Small Business Group

Ask questions,

share experiences

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment