Thursday, January 5, 2017

[Electric Boats] Re: Converting my Dufour 24 to electric, and hopefully the perfect McCovey Cove sailor for during Giants games.

 

I'd have to fly to the Bay but would take you up on a day sail some day.
I have a similar boat, '71 Havsfidra Fisksatra about 3000 lbs., which I am converting to electric. Been slow due to family issues but still moving on it.
I purchased the motor from  Electric Auxiliary Home

  It came set up on an adjustable mounting plate with controller, throttle switch, shaft extension and wiring. Just finished cleaning, repairing and painting the old engine compartment and installed the motor. Also purchased 16 matching older but unused LiFePO4 90 AH cells. Next step: fabricate a battery compartment within the old engine space.

My keel was molded with the hull as a unit and has a bulkhead between fore and aft sections. Only the front section contains ballast. Since I've removed the old heavy diesel and steel frame which was positioned over the empty aft keel section the boat is quite front heavy. Hoping that positioning the batteries as far aft as I can will restore some balance.

Also purchased a 48-12v DC converter to power my nav lights and radio, a battery management system from CleanPowerAuto.

I intend to mount a solar panel on my stern rail to replenish the batteries while moored but haven't purchase one yet.

Hope your project moves faster than mine has :-) 

 Maureen

__._,_.___

Posted by: have2sail75@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment