Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Re: [Electric Boats] Torqeedo Travel 801 Battery Connector Information

 

Steve
You may know this but Torqeedo did drop the 801 and replace it with the 1003 because of some battery problems.  See link below.   I think they were making deals to switch out the 801 in a lot of cases.  Maybe you can call the Chicago US headquarters and see if they will help you out as an option.  See http://www.torqeedo.com/en/service-centre/hints-and-returns.html
They helped me out with my 8hp Cruise

My local dealer told me the 801 was a real problem for them and they were getting a lot back.   You might find an old battery at your local Torqeedo dealer or just tell them your dilemma.  Most of the dealers carry other products so if one is close to you, they may be more open to giving you a copy of the wiring diagram from their shop manual.  Or maybe they have an old battery you can take apart.  

Good luck


On Sunday, November 1, 2015 3:48 PM, "'Dan Hennis' dhennis@centurytel.net [electricboats]" <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 

Call Mouser Electronics and describe it to a tech.  That is what I do, and I have had 100% satisfaction in getting the right mates.  As for the wiring pin out, Personally I would try to back trace the wires and try to identify them.  That is, if Torqeedo tech support was no willing to comply.
Dan
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2015 8:57 PM
Subject: [Electric Boats] Torqeedo Travel 801 Battery Connector Information

 
Hello,

Just purchased a used Torqeedo Travel 801 which has no battery.  Can someone who owns one please help me identify the 6 pin connector to battery and which contacts carry +/- 24 v.  Torqeedo could not afford to label these for us or maybe they'd rather we didn't mess with it.  I can't find a battery for this so I need to build my own connector and hook up my own.

Thanks,
Steve
Respectfully,
Dan Hennis
;-)>


__._,_.___

Posted by: Michael Dellario <dellariom@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (9)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment