Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: outfitting a sailboat

 

Hi, King --  No particular brand, it looks like the voltage reducers are made someplace and many are vending the same one on Ali Baba.com .  I just bought whichever 48 v. to 12 v. one that had reasonable amps for a particular circuit.  Dash lights, and nav. instruments, bilge pump on one with a fuse ---  accessories, stereo, radio, reading and cockpit lights fused on another.  Trolling battery draws too much, so separate battery / charger on that part.

This am I will look for a 48 v. to 12 v. drop inverter so I can use my bike EV lithium pack as a back up, or power for my electric folding Louisiana 12 ft.progue.   That could benefit from lighter weight the most, and give me an extra use for that $400. battery pack.   The battery is under the seat, and an inboard power head, so in is not seen under way, uses a tunnel to house the power head.  My sneak about, but I did get registered to be legal. 


Have a great Thanksgiving,   Cal

__._,_.___

Posted by: h20dragon@centurytel.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment