Saturday, November 7, 2015

Re: [Electric Boats] electric cats

 

Would have been great to see a video of that.  I search high and low for dual electric outboard videos and they are few and far between.

So he was basically planning that little and presumably light catamaran as the speed exceeds the water line length.

I would compare it almost me mounting the 48v Ray to the CraigCat but in my case we were pushing close to 1000lbs (two adults, motor, batteries and generator).  At times it felt like we were planning.  Either way I'm looking forward to making another video one day of just one person on the CraigCat and the small lithium battery pack 72ah calb @48v.  I'm sure it will pop it up on plane and be able to get more speed.

As it is when I did give it power it really didn't matter.  I went from 90amps all the way down to 20amps and the speed was basically the same 4knots 5knots.  So with 20-30amps I was basically pushing the CraigCat at 5 knots.

Arden

__._,_.___

Posted by: albert682@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (9)

Check out the automatic photo album with 15 photo(s) from this topic.
IMG_1384.JPG IMG_1386.JPG IMG_1383.JPG IMG_1388.JPG IMG_0651.JPG


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment