Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: outfitting a sailboat

 

We must be bruthas from a different mutha. I have a pirogue that I plan to electrify. Fiberglass, 13'. its on the deck of my boat right now. And I have a 48v 1kw ebike with lithium pack. And I was figuring on getting a second 30ah pack just for the pirogue (ordering later this afternoon!) and also so I would have a second charger for the ebike to leave at work. I built my ebike from a Chinese hub wheel kit and a cheapie walmart bike so with racks, baskets, panniers, kit, battery, all told I have about $850 in it I guess. Top speed currently 34mph, 30 mile range at 18mph. Very practical commuter and light grocery getter. I wont be buying a fossil fuel car anytime soon. Loving the ebike, yeh.

I was going to modify a trolling motor for the pirogue. Didnt want to cut a stern tube hole or mount a rudder, and didnt want anything protruding, so I can still drag it up on my dock from the water easily. Sounds like you did some pretty major mods on your pirogue hull. You steer it with a rudder, or paddle?

I guess since my pirogue is also my dinghy and my ebike is my park-aboard shore transportation, this hasnt gone too far off topic... :o\

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment