Saturday, November 21, 2015

[Electric Boats] Solar Bimini [2 Attachments]

 
[Attachment(s) from Bob Moriarty included below]

Finally erected my solar bimini. Hope the pics are of some value.
Nothing is yet hooked up, but it did block an end of day drizzle today.
Panels are 280 watts and will be wired serially to provide ~75 volts (48 volts nominal) to my 48 volt bank.
This constitutes 120 pounds (plus weight of tube) over the helm.
I went with 1-inch, 1/4-inch wall aluminum tube for the non-horizontal pieces and 1-inch, 1/8 inch wall for the transverse tubes. There's a slight sag amidships but I think I can fix that by bolting in some aluminum angle. I don't want to swap out the 1/8 inch wall transverse tube for some 1/4 inch wall because it was really difficult to get everything erected. 
Everything is fairly "non-wobbly", but I'll need to keep a close eye on that.
--Bob Moriarty
Ox 1976 C&C 33-1
Jax, FL

__._,_.___

Attachment(s) from Bob Moriarty | View attachments on the web

2 of 2 Photo(s)


Posted by: Bob Moriarty <moriartybob@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Check out the automatic photo album with 2 photo(s) from this topic.
IMG_0105.JPG IMG_0100.JPG


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment