Thursday, November 12, 2015

[Electric Boats] outfitting a sailboat [1 Attachment]

 
[Attachment(s) from iansollitt@hotmail.ca [electricboats] included below]

Hi I am new to the group and am outfitting a westerly nomad 22'(took out diesel) with an 24v- 1.2kwh forklift motor and 230 amp/hr 24v bank



 I have a few questions if anybody can help.(attached drawing/specs)


I have bought all but the solar and the battery banks.


1- For ease of charging I would like to have one bank of 24 volt and some how use 2 of the four battery's for 12v house and 4 of them in series for 24 volt motor/drive. 


 I realize that the batteries will have to self equalize as I draw House power and I'll need some sort Diode's? or? 


The other option is a 24 volt to 12 volt inverter or a seperate 12v house bank but that causes charging issues


I'm just not knowledgeable enough to know which is best for losses etc..



2- With a 250 watt solar panel what would be my boat speed(no wind or current) without drawing from my battery banks


  Roughly 8 amps @ 24 volts ?



Any other calculation for my "yacht" would be awesome 


ie length of run time consuming 30% of my battery bank@ 3 mph(no wind or current) would be awesome




Cheers Ian






__._,_.___

Attachment(s) from iansollitt@hotmail.ca [electricboats] | View attachments on the web

1 of 1 File(s)


Posted by: iansollitt@hotmail.ca
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment