Thursday, November 26, 2015

Re: [Electric Boats] Okay, time to start thinking about electric propulsion for my pirogue.

 

Depends on how cold the water is, the only thing that kills them is heat, i use a small one with a modified larger 3 blade prop on my 37 ft catamaran for a bow thruster.  Look for a 24 v model if you are that worried.

On Nov 25, 2015, at 5:15 PM, king_of_neworleans <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

I see a lot of old 12v trolling motors in pawn shops etc and many use a resistor network for speed control instead of a PWM controller. So it makes sense to bypass all the resisty stuff and hook up a cheap PWM box to the motor leads. My e-bike uses a 48v Lithium battery pack. Got one, and one on the way. Same with chargers. So naturally I want to use one of these packs for the pirogue. Tell me if I am wrong here... I want to use the 48v pack with a PWM controller and 12v motor. I dont see why this wont work as long as the average voltage of the motor supply doesnt go much over rated voltage of the motor. Comments? Suggestions? Keep in mind this is a shoestring budget operation but I am tired of paddling.

__._,_.___

Posted by: Robert Powell <basicagency@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment