Friday, November 13, 2015

[Electric Boats] Electric conversion [1 Attachment]

 
[Attachment(s) from iansollitt@hotmail.ca [electricboats] included below]

  I am converting to e-drive and wondered whether anyone could help with calculations hull speed,length of run at 30% battery,speed of boat with motor @ 8amps 24v(not depleting batteries) etc..  with the motor i have purchased. Attached is the start of my plans and any calculation will help in sizing my solar/batteries(not purchased yet)

  My hope that it will serve as propulsion for 90% of my needs when motoring (I have an outboard bracket for wind/current situations if needed)


I am still not sure on one 24v bank with a step down converter or an additional 12v bank for house power(adds charging challenges with two banks @ different volts).


My Future plans for her will be week run on the Trent Severn and future run for ICW / Caribbean /Great Loop


Any help would be appreciated


Cheers Ian Sollitt


Westerly Nomad 22 - Sollittude II



__._,_.___

Attachment(s) from iansollitt@hotmail.ca [electricboats] | View attachments on the web

1 of 1 File(s)


Posted by: iansollitt@hotmail.ca
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment