Tuesday, April 29, 2014

[Electric Boats] Re: Columbia 9.6 hybrid Electric

 

Hi Mike,

Great report. Interesting you spun the shaft coupling. This suggests either surfing down waves and/or due to rapid changes in torque that this was the cause? Do you key motor and prop shaft? If so would this not let the system fuse do the work instead and be your first weak point?

Also interested to know if your prop shaft has a fail safe in the coupling for such an occasion to prevent losing the shaft out of the back of the boat?

I just did my prop shaft and motor shaft side (as I'm direct drive) failsafes, as now I have a larger prop I felt that when surfing down waves the loads will increase this year compared to last year, especially if using regen.

John

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment