Friday, July 22, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] two banks

 

Many boats have a 1, 2, or both battery
switch for there 12 volt systems. On mine switch 1 was for the starter battery and two was for the house 12 volts (two group 27 gel batteries in parallel ). When I converted to electric I was able eliminate the starter battery and now have each house battery on it's own switch but, I operate in the Both position BTW. It should work the same with two 48 volt banks. Just make sure your wiring and switch can handle the increased current. Also as someone else mentioned if the batteries are not equally charged the higher charged one will drain into the weaker until they are equal.

Capt. Mike

Sent from on board BIANKA
http://biankablog.blogspot.com


From: Dennis Wolfe <dwolfe@dropsheet.com>
Sender: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 08:48:15 -0400
To: <electricboats@yahoogroups.com>
ReplyTo: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] two banks

 

On 7/22/2011 1:29 AM, acsarfkram wrote:

 

My EP system has two separate 48 volt, 100ah battery banks with a common negative. If I switched both on at the same time would I get one bank at 200ah? There is a diagram here; http://groups.yahoo.com/group/electricboats/photos/album/237790029/pic/72846009/view?picmode=large&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&dir=asc

I've always figured I would fry something if I turned both on but someone mentioned that it would just act as one 48 volt bank with both switches on.

Thanks,

Mark
Santa Cruz

yes

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment