Sunday, July 31, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] Aloha from Hawaii

 

Hi Justin,

Welcome!  Since you are in Hawaii, you might want to get in touch with the ASMO Marine distributor there. His name is Ken Harrington and he is in Maui. Here is his contact info:



Be sure to look at all of the options available. You're boat is not out of the range of electric propulsion, but you may need to alter your thinking a bit about how motoring on your boat works. It's a great way to go, and I am sure you will love it.

Sally

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 10:02 PM, Capt. Mike <biankablog@verizon.net> wrote:
 

Justin:

Welcome. I converted to EP using an ASMO MARINE THOOSA 9000 system four years ago. My boat is 30 foot has an 11 foot beam and weighs 16,000 pounds. So you should be able to find a system that fits your boat.

Capt. Mike

Sent from on board BIANKA
http://biankablog.blogspot.com


From: justin johnson <justrayj@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 11:49:13 -1000
Subject: [Electric Boats] Aloha from Hawaii

 

I am new to your site and coming to you from Honolulu Hawaii.  I am the owner of a Formosa CT41, a 45' sailing ketch.  The original 50hp diesel motor has failed and it is time to choose a replacement.  I am really drawn to the quieter operation of an electric drive.  In addition many of the outer islands in the chain do not allow the use of fossil fuels. 

I am very confident installing a system myself.  However I am new to this format and still learning.  Any suggenstion or comments are very welcome.

FYI  39" at the water line 45' overall, 12' beam 9,000lb full keel,  It is necessary to navigate about a mile of a narrow channel to get to open water.

Justin


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment