Saturday, July 23, 2011

[Electric Boats] Re: Pod mounted in rudder

 

Thanks Eric,

My goal is to at least be able to hit the hull speed. With the 2,0 kW I have in mind that should be possible. Also the pod can be fitted with a folding prop, wich is not possible on trolling motors I guess? I can only find lbs of thrust on trolling motors, are ther any power and efficiency or shaft power numbers avaialable?

Marc

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <ewdysar@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Marc,
>
> Define "decent speed". Regular trolling motors will get you to about 2.5-3 kts. For my boat, I would classify 4 kts "acceptable", but not exactly "decent". But it's all a matter of personal opinion.
>
> Fair winds,
> Eric
> Marina del Rey, CA
>
> --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "marcdrachten" <mevanderkuur@> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for the info!
> >
> > Our boat has a displacement of 3600 lbs, will any trolling motor have enough power to move the boat at a decent speed? We are now investigating to fit a 2 kW mastervolt pod in the rudder, this option looks quite good untill now.
> >
> > Marc
> >
>

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment