Saturday, January 16, 2010

Re: [Electric Boats] 28000Lb conversion

 

Hi Pitt,
 
I think it's quite possible, I also belong to the LTYC, I have a 37 Island Trader at 22,000 lbs. that will be going Hybrid Electric in the near future, this will be my second sailboat conversion, the other being a 30 ft. 12,000 boat.   I'm using a 48 volt system in each, we'll stay in touch... 
 
Dave K
S/V Redeemed  30ft electric powered sail
S/V Eastern Star Clipper  37ft Island trader Ketch

--- On Fri, 1/15/10, Pitt <boombolinate@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Pitt <boombolinate@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Electric Boats] 28000Lb conversion
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, January 15, 2010, 10:32 AM

Hi everyone,

I stumbled onto this site and am learning too much. My brain feels like scrambled eggs.

I have a 28000 Lbs full displacement ketch. I am a sailer and always have time for the doldrums.

I would like to know if anyone here has ever attempted such a conversion and or does anyone have advice that might help.

I might be able to get the motor, controller and 72v charger from a lagoon 420. I was thinking a 7kva gen set. I need power for docking anchoring and emergencies .

Am I kidding myself?





------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/electricboats/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/electricboats/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    electricboats-digest@yahoogroups.com
    electricboats-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    electricboats-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/


__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment