Thursday, January 7, 2010

[Electric Boats] Re: a portable 12 volt battery ?

 

I've been using a Vector Start-It sealed unit for several years. I see West no longer carries that brand and the model I have is no longer manufactured, but similar ones are available. http://www.battery-rechargeable-charger.com/vector-jump-start-car-battery-starter.html Mine has integral cables and clamps, light, charge level indicators, cig power in/out, etc. Some of the newer ones have an air compressor. I keep it on the sailboat as an engine start backup and am able to get more life from my deep cycles by keeping them on BOTH. I also use it with a bilge pump on the end of a folding cane to pump out dinghies in my marina. It also powers my own dinghy occasionally with a trolling motor and am ususally surprised by the oomph it provides. I bring it home in the winter and use it for small TVs and radios when the power goes out and keep it charged with a small solar panel.
 
Walter Pearson

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment