Friday, January 15, 2010

RE: [Electric Boats] 28000Lb conversion

 

The 420 issues they were having was more with the software setup than the equipment used on board. Lagoon has updated the software and from what I've heard from the owners they are pleased and it solved a lot of the problems they were having. I'm not sure but my 410 Lagoon had a real problem when the batteries were in 2 locations, moving the batteries together with a short run solved voltage drop problems. The genset sounds too small. I have a 15kw generator and would like a 22kw generator developing around 200A. My system is a 144v and the motors can use up to 75A each (actually more but that's another story). Do a load calc and see if the 7kva works for you and go for it.

Steve in Solomons


Hi everyone,

I stumbled onto this site and am learning too much. My brain feels like scrambled eggs.

I have a 28000 Lbs full displacement ketch. I am a sailer and always have time for the doldrums.

I would like to know if anyone here has ever attempted such a conversion and or does anyone have advice that might help.

I might be able to get the motor, controller and 72v charger from a lagoon 420. I was thinking a 7kva gen set. I need power for docking anchoring and emergencies .

Am I kidding myself?

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment