Thursday, January 14, 2010

[Electric Boats] Re: 36V battery system Alternator need.

 


Look at DIY wind generators. They are scaled to boat prop speed.

Matt

http://www.fieldlines.com/story/2007/10/26/141411/24

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "theyachtcaptain" <theyachtcaptain@...> wrote:
>
> 36V battery system Alternator need.
>
> Good day all,
>
> I have looked for days and I have to say with no success. heres what I am trying to do:
>
> 2 situations
>
> I have a banks of batteries (3 X 12vdc in series) making 36VDC. I want to be able to charge these batteries at sea using a small 4.4hp Diesel engine I just bought. My idea is to pulley off this engine a 36VDC (42VDC) alternator at about lets say 80 Amps load.
>
> OR BETTER YET
>
> using the same arrangement as above, have a big enough 36VDC alternator to power my propulsion system (36VDC Lenco Joy Drive - http://lencomarine.com/joyridedualdigit.html ) on a Diesel-electric situation.
>
> In here lyes the problem, I CAN NOT FIND A 36VDC (42VDC) ALTERNATOR
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!!!
>

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment