Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Re: [Electric Boats] using a 36 Volt dc motor from a 48 volt pack

 

yes you can...I do, I over volt my 36volt PM DC motor rated at 1000 watts, running it on 4-12 volt 50AHr  wheelchair batteries in series.   my watt meter reads around 1500 watts at full throttle.

be carefull to size your gearing and prop right so you are not stalling/over heating.   I put an rmp gauge and a temp gauge in the motor to watch I don't over do it.   A cooked motor is depressing

 some folks add a fan for extra cooling  thats what I'm doing on the 10 hp unit I'm building now.
 
                     Bill Hopen   -  www.billhopen.com
       Hopen Studio Inc -  227 Main St., Sutton WV 26601
          304 -765-5611                  billhopen@yahoo.com




From: "Mark F mark.internet@yahoo.ca [electricboats]" <electricboats@yahoogroups.com>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 3, 2016 1:20 AM
Subject: [Electric Boats] using a 36 Volt dc motor from a 48 volt pack

 
Hi

Just wondering if you can use a 48 volt pack to run a 36 Volt DC motor.
I presume if you had a 48 Volt controller and limited the output to 36 Volts, it should work.
If I had a 48 Volt pack, a 48 Volt controller and put a volt meter across the motor leads and restricted it to 36 Volts, I would be OK.

am I missing something here, or would it work.

Thanks


__._,_.___

Posted by: Bill and Ai Qiu hopen <billhopen@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment