Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Why gear reduction?

 

I guess I was fortunate when my old YSB8 died in my boat. The exchange rate for the Canadian dollar was quite favourable at the time - pretty much 1:1. Even so, I tried to order components through Canadian suppliers where possible so as to avoid higher cross-border shipping/customs charges. I used Canadian Electric Vehicles for my battery and charger electronics. They group-order batteries from China 3-4 times per year and then had them trucked from Victoria, BC to a depot here in Montreal. Not having residential delivery saved me a bunch since they didn't need to transfer to a local courrier vehicle and arrange that. I was surprised it only cost about $150 for the 125lb crate. They helped me load it into the trunk of my car. 

Where are you located? If you're near Montreal, it would be my pleasure to give you a tour of my setup this summer. 

Cheers,

/Jason

--
Jason Taylor
v:514-815-8204

On Feb 22, 2016, at 7:53 AM, peterrgravel@gmail.com [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Gentlemen and Ladies (there must be some lurking here)


I would like to thank all of you for your discussions here, from the simply simplistic to the in depth physics explanations. You are providing a valuable service to the many silent members and visitors who are considering the conversion.
Myself, I have a Bayfield 29, (Sail) 8000lbs, with a 36 yr old Yanmar YSM12r (still kicking). So I, and very many like me, are facing re-powering. We have no choice but to repower and your group helps those of us seriously not only consider electric, but now give us many options to choose from. (Just have to wait till our Canadaian Dollar comes out of the toilet).
For those giving detailed technical information, thanks....I may not follow completely but more info is always better.

Peter Gravel

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Jason (Electric Boats) Taylor" <jt.yahoo@jtaylor.ca>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (23)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment