Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Re: [Electric Boats] FW: New Member from Iceland--- a Note or two

 

I always use conservative (and rounded down) numbers. I probably won't (initially) have the best prop for my motor. That will have to be determined after things are otherwise working. Right now I can get about 3 kts at about 1 kWh in calm water with my existing setup, and the prop is probably not great. 3.5 kts is beyond the current rating I want to push my battery pack to for any length of time until I can get better.

On 9 February 2016 at 05:06, fitloose <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

I must admit 2 kWh seems a lot at 3.5 knots with an unladen displacement boat of around 9,000 lbs?

John

https://facebook.com/ElektraYachts/




--


People are generally better persuaded by the reasons which they have themselves discovered than by those which have come into the mind of others - Blaise Pascal.

Dominic Amann
M 416-270-4587

__._,_.___

Posted by: Dominic Amann <dominic.amann@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (12)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment