Friday, August 1, 2014

[Electric Boats] How many lithium cells in a 48V battery

 

Hi,


I have a SevCon Gen4 48V controller and an ME0913 motor. 

The Manual section entitled "Input Voltage" states


Conventional Working Voltage Range:  25.2V to 57.6V 


Working Voltage Limits:  19.3V to 69.6V


No operational overvoltage limits:  79.2


My batteries are HiPower lithium 195AmpHr cells. I have 16 of them. 


The nominal voltage is 3.2 and max charge voltage 3.65. So I'm wondering, and forgive the naivete but it seems that when I have 16 of these fully charged my pack will be presenting 58.4V  to the controller. 


Now that is slightly over the "conventional working voltage" but well within the "working voltage limits".  So I suppose my question is what is the diference between the "conventional" and "working"

voltages?  Also if 79.2 is the upper limit why not have 21 cells in my pack instead of 16? Wouldn't that provide more amp hours and not overly tax the system even at max charge (21*3.65V = 76.65V), while still being well within working voltage at 3.2V. I'm just not sure how to properly gauge how many batteries I should really have in my pack.


Any light shed on this subject would be great.


Cheers,


Bradley 



__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Yahoo Groups
New feature! Create Photo Albums in Groups Effortlessly
Now, whenever you share photos with your group, a new album is automatically created in the Group. It's so simple! Try it now!


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment