Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Re: [Electric Boats] Help with overheating motor, no load

 

Problem solved, I think. I got a reply from Fany in China to my email to Kelly. Very promptly too, I might add, which surprised me because I never got a reply when I asked if there was any problem using this motor/controller combination in the first place when I was shopping for a controller. It seems that the wiring labeling convention is different and so the Hall Effect sensors were connected wrong. It still seems strange that it ran so smoothly in reverse, though. That's what made me think it was something else. I expected that if I wired it wrong it would run as badly in reverse as in forward. I'll wire up the controls and stuff permanently today... just have alligator jumpers connecting things while I try stuff. Pots and switches will be in a project box from radio shack. Haven't hooked up the meters at all yet. Just ordered a wiring harness for them from Kelly and meters will be installed in a fixed location. It would be nice if they were digital and I could mount them on my portable control box. I can see already I am going to want a tachometer. I am thinking it would be a good Arduino project.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment