Saturday, August 9, 2014

Re: [Electric Boats] Electrical issue

 

Thanks Pat. I was thinking it was a battery issue as well. I will try that.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 9, 2014, at 5:59 PM, "'Jeff Wright' jawright77@bellsouth.net [electricboats]" <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Have no idea what your referring to.
 
Sent: Saturday, August 09, 2014 5:34 AM
Subject: RE: [Electric Boats] Electrical issue
 
 

Hi Jeff,

You didn't provide a lot of information, but a few possibilities are a problem with a temperature sensor (motor too hot or a sensor that thinks it is too hot) or excessive voltage drop at high currents.  Excessive voltage drop can be due to a loose connection or a bad battery.  I would check all the electrical connections and then have the batteries tested.  Good luck.

Pat

From: electricboats@yahoogroups.com [mailto:electricboats@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2014 12:00 PM
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] Electrical issue

 

Hi new to the board. I have a 20 foot pontoon boat with ray electric motor. All electrical wires have been replaced within 2 years. When I throttle from slow to fast power cuts out completely. Reverse or forward. Has anyone had this problem? I can go slow but once I increase to a certain speed engine cuts out.

Sent from my iPhone


On Aug 6, 2014, at 1:04 AM, "Stuart Armstrong sydesiderata@yahoo.com [electricboats]" <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Hi All

Thanks for the feedback.

Here is a bit more info hope this helps

I would be looking to get about 2 hours from battery as mostly I am sailing,

the battery's must recharge as I sail

I obviously need a generator to recharge when not sailing or no wind

And for domestic power

The alternative is buying both a Diesel engine and a generator

Why would a commercial outfit be different , we live on Desi 24/7

I don't believe weight will be an issue as Desi weighs 30 tonnes and at the moment we carry  1000 ltrs in two tanks one of which I would convert to battery space


Stuart Armstrong

__._,_.___

Posted by: Jeff Ravenstine <jravenstine@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (27)

Did you Know?
Learn all about uploading Files and notifying members


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment