Thursday, November 15, 2012

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Battery Charger

 

Steve:

I've had my Zivan NG-1 charger drop off after using it on long motoring sail. Just need to unplug and plug it back in to reset it.  Maybe setting up a small 12 battery and charger setup for your refrigeration system might be the way to go. I have kept my 12 volt house volt separate from my 48 volt propulsion bank for charging. Though once on the mooring or at anchor and the 48 volt bank is charged up I will tap into the stored energy for things like my laptop or my ENGEL refrigerator/freezer on occasion. Though it does not draw as much current as your refrigeration system though.  Then the wind turbine or solar panels can make up the difference. Though since you are charging at the dock using a separate 12 volt battery and small charger will let the 144 volt bank get fully charged. It would also mean you have a backup for your 12 volt house bank for charging. I never liked having all the energy eggs in one basket, having options/backups is a good thing IMO.

Capt. Mike
http://biankablog.blogspot.com



From: Steve Dolan <sdolan@scannersllc.com>
To: "electricboats@yahoogroups.com" <electricboats@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 11:36 AM
Subject: RE: [Electric Boats] Re: Battery Charger

 
Hey Goeff,
Nice but still a common problem I have…
No 144V stuff. :o)
 
Steve in Solomons MD
 

From: electricboats@yahoogroups.com [mailto: electricboats@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of geoff gamsby
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 11:34 AM
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Electric Boats] Re: Battery Charger
 


I have had the some problem.  The best solution is to find a charger that is designed to handle loads and charging.  I recently installed the ProNautic P  my promariner.  It works great and adjust to the loads.   It also has a conditioning mode.  I sized the charger at 20 amps which is about 10% of my total battery banks.

geoff gamsby
616.540.5299 (moblie)
 




__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (8)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment