Monday, November 12, 2012

[Electric Boats] Re: Conversion in progress

 



Hi Paul,
Since no one else has chimed in, I'll bite.

As drawn, your schematic doesn't comply with the CFRs (see "USCG Electrical" in the Files section of this group).

You'll need to add overcurrent protection at the source of power for each conductor (CFR 183.455). Wiring for the battery charger, DC-DC converter, solar panels, etc. all needs protection.

A few very minor points:
The throttle pot is shown wired incorrectly.
The FNR switch is shown as DPST, should be SPDT.
You might want to rename "house 12V supply" to be "house 12V loads".

I don't mean to seem overly critical. You have a great start.
I really should create an updated schematic for my installation. It started off fairly simple, and now has grown so much I can't remember where everything runs any longer without diving into it.

Best regards,
Tom

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Paul Hannah <pkhannah@...> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> First off, thanks for all the advice from everyone.
>
> The batteries are in place and wired up into a bank. I've taken a few
> photos (https://plus.google.com/103384531890973459488/posts)
>
> I've put together a (very amateur) circuit diagram that I've shared at
> http://ubuntuone.com/0ft9Xs4wg7nQ5TMC9j87uF in case someone else is
> interested (or might have the knowledge to spot a mistake!)
>
> Again, thanks fro the advice -- it's avoided a lot of problems and saved me
> a lto of money and time.
>
> Paul.
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment