Sunday, November 25, 2012

[Electric Boats] e-motors

 

I am new to site. Have many questions. Have S-2C s/b that I've been customizing & rebuilding. Going to put E-mtr to replace U.Atomic 4. I bought a new yamaha 9.9 hi thrust and a sliding mount and was going to mount that on the stern. I also am mounting alum. davits on stern for small livingston dingy that I have modified to be unsinkable. Of course the problem with that is the motor being swamped. I have decided to sell the new 9.9 and instead go for an E-mtr installation..I am going to install a 10 hp air cld diesel an back deck with as large a alternator as it can handle in it's own enclosure. I also built a little alum doghouse so I can steer from an extension of the wheel steering from inside in bad weather. I have 4 golf cart bat. for the e-mtr and will prob. go 2 or 4 more to make 36V ore 48V. I want enough power to be able to do well in] rough weather or strong current , almost like motor sailer, so I will probably go for 15-20 hp e-mtr. I
have also installed a 7 foot under deck bunk (I am tall), a Dickenson diesel stove as well as a little gimbled stove I made up for rough weather. I only want diesel on board. No gas or propane (go boom) Had boat 28 years and been all over my are with it (pacific N.W.) o.k.: what brand and power (cost effective) motor do I need to do all this? I am also going to rig up one bigger electric winch on the deck above the E-mts (center of bridge deck-Electric as well as manual) and use it for all winching jobs as well as mast raising and lowering (I have made and installed a 2 foot tabernacle for this purpose) Also new sails with huge roach, full battened with loose foot on a boom same size as mast but much heavier hinge gear at mast. I want something that draws about 100 amps so I can get some decent running time. She is on a trailer so I can take her (Shallow draft) to any launch site..Also want some sort of mechanicle disconnect on the shaft so I
can disengage prop when using winch. I also put in many radios (Ham) and an interphase D/S system. No radar yet. Got a fellow to build a passive sonar for me so I can hear motors as well as whales etc. underwater. Took out all windows and installed 4" bronze ports. Going to be intedresting. Now I just have to live long enough to justify all the work and $ put into it. I am old...so what the heck! Any help, suggestions or ideas from group would be greatly appreciated..Erik

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment