Saturday, November 17, 2012

[Electric Boats] trolling motor cut off switch

 

I made a 20 ft 2 man high sided flat bottom rowing boat that looks like a canoe from the side. I put a trolling motor on the back and have found that even though I am not touching the motor while I row, it seems to self adjust direction wise. But I am in the middle of the boat, which is roughly 10 ft away from the motor. There are times that I want that motor off now and want to make a power switch that is just off and on. I would basically turn the motor on max power and then get to the rowing station and flip the power to on or off, depending on my needs at the time.

The trolling motor has 2 red leads and 2 black leads. I would imagine that my switch would be run to interrupt the red leads.

Any ideas are much appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment