Monday, August 13, 2012

Re: [Electric Boats] Westerly Nomad

 

3100lb displacement. Twin keels. I might be open to an outboard if it makes the best financial sense.

Shelagh

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 13, 2012, at 11:20 AM, KEN <rekkamurd@yahoo.com> wrote:

 

just looked and she's pretty light weight.. 180kg 400 lbs empty?
I'm only guessing it isnt going to need much hp at all, for fully loaded being 1/2 ton.
may do well enough with something from monsterscooterparts.com site?
theres 1.2hp 900w 24v to maybe belt drive to it.
 
robotmarketplace.com has some fairly hefty small motors too might be good.
seems good bang for the buck, they have replaceable brushes too looks like.
 
idk "how appropriate" really, can depend on belt-gear-sprocket ratios,
might be fairly reasonable drop ins for supplying 12-24v to.
they've got me thinking.
--- On Mon, 8/13/12, shelaghd3 <shelagh@dolphin-designs.com> wrote:

From: shelaghd3 <shelagh@dolphin-designs.com>
Subject: [Electric Boats] Westerly Nomad
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, August 13, 2012, 9:04 AM

 
I have a 1968 Westerly Nomad with original 7hp Volvo MD1. Keeping in mind this is a $2000 sailboat....

I live in a solar powered house and when I lived on my Rival 34, all power was supplied by solar and wind. Clean energy is important to me and this poor old diesel has certainly seen better days. I am looking for the most affordable solution for an inboard conversion. Typically I would be motoring 20 minutes beginning and end of trip, occasionally motoring longer in calms.

Shelagh in Maine

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment