Saturday, January 7, 2012

Re: [Electric Boats] Speed controllers. Cheap or not....

 

22 hp
5.5 to 7.5 electric replaces 22 hp gas
I should be able to maintain hull speed at 2/3 power
Capt Bob 435678 3436
good Luck = lots of people (including me) think hey know more than they do
find one sucessful person (if you can find one) and follow there advice & useing common sense proceed slowly.


From: martin demers <mdemers2005@hotmail.com>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, January 7, 2012 4:22 PM
Subject: RE: [Electric Boats] Speed controllers. Cheap or not....

 
Cap Bob,

What GAS size will your 11hp motor replace?

Martin


To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
From: falcolnxp@yahoo.com
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 14:57:42 -0800
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] Speed controllers. Cheap or not....

 
Hi Mr. cheapskate, Can you beat this. given a golf cart with a 36 v charger and comtroller. did not know if it worked.
took in for repair, repairman said No Charge = terminals needed cleaning 
Went to a very exclusive golf cart sales outfit. bought 2 more golf carts for $100.00 each and the owner gave me a third one for free;
one of the carts has a 11 hp electric motor which bolts up to my colombia 30 drive shaft.
I plan on useing a free DONUT  from a Mercedes drive line to connect cart axle to drive shaft.

sold one golf cart for $100.00 and traded 3rd cart for the electrial and mechanical installation in my boat.
Cash spent so far conversion $100.00 plus $345.00 for three new marine batteries from WallMart.
There has to be an unplanned ending to this   Too Good To Be True Story
capt bob
 
Faftrom: Brian <oifvet08@yahoo.com>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, January 7, 2012 1:29 PM
Subject: [Electric Boats] Speed controllers. Cheap or not....

 
I am working up plans to convert my 22 ft daysailer to electric and I'm looking to do it as economically as possible (OK, I'm a cheapskate). I have noticed that there are motor controllers out there running everywhere from about 35 bucks for a 1000W 36V controller advertised for e-scooters up to more than 500 bucks for a top end model that will probably make my coffee in the morning. I looking at using a manta motor with 36V power. What advice do you all have out there that will keep me from making a costly (or cheap, as the case may be) mistake.





__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment