Tuesday, January 17, 2012

[Electric Boats] Hub Motors

 

Has anyone looked at the Kelly Controls hubmotor set?

http://kellycontroller.com/car-hub-motor-72v-7kw-p-711.html

I'm looking at re-engining my Atalanta 31' with a 6kW setup, and couldn't resolve the gear-reduction issue untill I came across this hub motor. It looks like it runs at about 1500RPM, and has a 5 hole wheel mounting arrangement that I would see as suitable for some kind of flange mounting to the propshaft, and probably has internal bearings to act as a thrust bearing.

I was interested to see if anyone else had any ideas about this! I'm trying to avoid the rather expensive marine yacht electric power kits that are on the market so I can afford to get rid of my ancient and leaky Perkins 4107 diesel...

Nick

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment