Thursday, January 26, 2012

RE: [Electric Boats] Re: Marine Li-Po Batteries 51.8Vdc 100-200 Ah

 

Hi all,

I would like to know what is the advantage with Li -po batteries in boats
This concept is new to me for boat application
Does it give much much more running time?

Thanks,Martin


To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
From: sdolan@scannersllc.com
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 12:31:08 -0500
Subject: RE: [Electric Boats] Re: Marine Li-Po Batteries 51.8Vdc 100-200 Ah

 
Eric,
I'm just getting started at looking ahead to switching my 144v AGM's to LiPo batteries. I've searched most of the EV sites as well as the Net for info on wiring the pack to no avail. The Cruisers and Sailors site had a nice guy who gave the wiring diagrams for a House bank but didn't know anything about a Propulsion bank. Is it possible that you could draw up the best way to wire the pack up? I'm assuming it involves a Parallel and Series setup. I'm going to ask the same at the EV site as well.
I'm also going to get in touch with a company in Thailand (HETER) that is producing packs. I may just get involved with a distributorship if I can get them at a resalable price in quantities. I like their drop in packs. I'll get a few to send out to individuals to test then go from there. I've got a few more questions on batteries in general I'll put in a separate post. http://www.heterbattery.com/

Thanks,

Steve in Solomons MD
Lagoon 410 SE

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment